Thursday, June 3, 2010

What a ride this has been...

Hey Gang...bet you're wondering where the heck has ol Jake been huh?

To still a line from an old Mel Brooks film, it's simply been busy...

"Work work work work work.....work work work work.......work work.."

Current status has me working 7 days a week and putting in 10 hour days. By the time I get up and get to work, take care of business which now includes the duties of a detail foreman, since my boss has taken an 'early' retirement, I moved up a notch...do a little bit of paperwork, smooth all the wrinkles out for one work group, hold the hand and tell my electrical engineer that all will be OK, leave for home and maybe even get something to eat, I pretty much don't care to sit in front of a computer like I am doing right now.

But I stumbled back to this here ol blog after paying a few bills that were screaming at me for attention and thought I might give you an update.

Not sure how much longer these crazy hours will continue, but as one friend refers to the overtime....keep making the long green for as long as you can, then worry about getting some rest.

Just in case you missed the big announcement on Facebook, I now...make that WE now have a brand new 'lake-house' on wheels a-sitting in the driveway. Yep, we went and bought us a brand new travel trailer for those close encounters with them slimy green fish up at the lake. It's always fun to get plum bone tired from a day of chasing them critters around Big Sam, my favorite Texas impoundment...and then retiring to a shower and a bed only a couple of blocks from the boat ramp so we can do it again the next day.

But for now, the camper just sits and waits for the maiden voyage to the north country. It sits and waits just across the driveway from the boat that will float me and my stress related woes...the woes from working so dang many hours....float them woes right down to the level of those bottom dwelling, mud and sand creeping, itty-bitty thangs that we don't hardly got names for...that survive without sunshine and fresh air.

Glad you stopped by, I've been checking in on you regular visitors that keep a-coming back for whatever it is you get by reading my writing. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy kind of...almost like Charlie Brown once said about peeing yourself in your dark pants.

" It gives you a warm feeling but nobody notices you...what you did."

Later Tater... see ya in the funny papers.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back pounding out the verbage, Mr. Chambers. I can relate to the work hours, too. Work, eat, sleep. Blessed to have the job, but wondering where it will all lead. Keep the faith and keep the wit.

    Jaison

    ReplyDelete