Saturday, August 1, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

I honestly do not know where the name for this article originated from, but understand the theme....maybe there is an extra 'S' in the middle word....

I am to reveal 8 things, honest things about myself that are absolutely the truth. Thanks to Debra for her consideration of me for this award. I want to thank all the little people, which is most everyone since this diet I am currently on is not exactly working to plan....lose 4 or 5 pounds and then gain them back.

Honest Scrap on me...

1) My real name is Edgar A. Chambers. I was named after the man that stood up with my parents at their wedding. Had I been born a female, my name would have been Evelyn, the name of the wife of the man that stood up at my parents wedding.

2) Jake is simply a nickname. Given to me by a friend from high school. He couldn't remember my real name so he threw out Jake and it has stuck with me for close to 39 years now. I still hear from him every 6 or 8 years. If anyone reading this knows the whereabouts of a Brill Jordan from Kountze, Texas....tell him to call me.

3) I am a native born Texan and proud of it. Another one of the many blessings that God gave me includes being a natural born American citizen. Speaking along the lines of lineage....I am 1/8th Seminole Indian.

4) My three brothers are all actually half brothers. My parents both had children from previous marriages. You wanna talk fuzzy math, try this. My dad had 3 sons and my mom had 2 sons. Add all these up, there are 4 of us boys. That's right...I am number 3 son for my dad and number 2 son for my mom.

5) I love to bass fish....but you knew that huh?

6) I would love to compete in the Amazing Race reality show.

7) One of my first jobs was at the local movie house, the Texas Theater in Jasper, TX back in 1967. I made $15.00 on my weekly check and cleared just over $12.63 each week. I learned to operate the projectors and recently was able to take a guided tour of the projection booth at Tinsel Town Cinema Theaters to see how technology has advanced. WOW! My son was equally impressed with the set-up.

8) I truly love my family. They mean the world to me. Without them, my direction in life would simply be meaningless.


It Is What It Is

2 comments:

  1. Yea Jake you did a really good job and so fast. I found out things about you I didn't know. I am also of Native American heritage, Choctaw. I have to giggle at people who brag that their ancestors came over on the Mayflower. Heck, ours were already here.

    After reading your 8 things I know now I gave out a bit too much info. on myself. I am not on Jake's "Favorite Site" list but anyone wanting a laugh on me go to http:www.debraharrisjohnson.blogspot.com or google Dreamweaver. Nice going YOUNG MAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jake...where's that big ol' Texas smile in yer photos? Cool idea, bro. Tight lines,

    Jaison

    ReplyDelete